- This event has passed.
Matilda the Musical Auditions
July 23 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Matilda is a little girl with astonishing wit, intelligence and psychokinetic powers. She’s unloved by her cruel parents but impresses her schoolteacher, the highly lovable Miss Honey. Over the course of her first term at school, Matilda and Miss Honey have a profound effect on each other’s lives, as Miss Honey begins not only to recognize but also appreciate Matilda’s extraordinary personality. Matilda’s school life isn’t completely smooth sailing, however—the school’s mean headmistress, Miss Trunchbull, hates children and just loves thinking up new punishments for those who don’t abide by her rules. But Matilda has courage and cleverness in equal amounts, and could be the school pupils’ saving grace!
- Auditions: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 23, and 5 to 9 p.m. July 25, 2022 + Virtual Option (See Instructions Below)
- Callbacks: July 26, 2022 (In-Person)
To audition, please…
- Review Audition Expectations
- Sign up for an audition time for your singing & acting audition Note: You must still sign up to audition if you are auditioning virtually.
- Fill out and submit the audition registration form
- Review the character breakdown
- Review, rehearse, record and submit your dance audition virtually. Here’s how:
- Watch the two videos provided by the choreographer: Introduction and Dance Tutorial.
- Practice the dance using the tutorial video. Take your time and get comfortable with it!
- Create a video of you performing the dance.
- Send your video to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 on Sunday, July 24. Remember to include your name and age in your dance video.
8 to 18 (as of audition date; you must not have graduated from high school)
- Director: Atticus Cooper Boidy
- Music Director: Emily L. Sergo
- Choreographer: Brandon Glass
Virtual Audition Instructions
- Sign up online for auditions and submit the audition form electronically with the link above.
- Virtual auditions must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Sunday, July 24, 2022. Auditions for this show require singing, acting, and dancing.
- Virtual auditioners should prepare and record a video of a musical selection of a song in the style of the show. Please prepare approximately 16-30 bars of music. No recorded music with vocals or a cappella singing is allowed. Please choose a song from the musical theatre genre (no pop/rock/etc.). In the video, please introduce yourself with your name, age, and the title of your musical selection.
- Virtual auditioners should prepare and record a video performing the provided choreography (links above). The video should show the auditioner performing in full length. In the video, please introduce yourself with your name and age.
- Virtual auditioners should prepare and record a video performing the provided script sides (coming soon!) The video should show the auditioner performing from waist up at a minimum. In the video, please introduce yourself with your name, age and the character you are portraying from the script sides.
- Submit all three (3) virtual audition videos by the deadline to email@example.com.