- This event has passed.
Once Upon a Mattress Auditions
January 21 - January 22
Many moons ago in a far-off place, Queen Aggravain decreed no couples could marry until her son, Prince Dauntless, found a bride. Princesses came from far and wide to win the hand of the prince, but none could pass the impossible tests given to them by the Queen. That is, until the “shy” swamp princess, Winnifred the Woebegone, showed up.
Would she be able to pass the Sensitivity Test, marry her prince and help Lady Larkin and Sir Harry to the altar? Carried on a wave of wonderful songs, by turns hilarious and raucous, romantic and melodic, this rollicking spin on the classic tale The Princess and the Pea provides some side-splitting shenanigans. For after all, a princess is a delicate thing.
- Auditions: 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturday, January 21, and 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday, January 22, 2023
- Callbacks: 6-10 p.m. Monday, January 23, 2023
To Audition, Please…
- Review Audition Expectations
- Prepare 16-30 bars of music in the style of the show
- Prepare a 1-minute monologue (Click here for monologue resources)
- Wear appropriate attire for movement
- Sign up for an audition time
- Fill out and submit the audition registration form
- Review the character descriptions
8 to 18 (as of audition date; you must not have graduated from high school)
- Director/Music Director: Terry Bouma
- Choreographer: Becca Vourvoulas