Children’s Theatre of Annapolis relies on the support and involvement of community members of all ages to run its year-round theatre arts program.
Click through the tabs above to explore all of the ways to get involved at CTA, which include:
- Learning and Performing. If you’re between the ages of 8 and 18, showcase your talent by auditioning for one of CTA’s three mainstage shows. Children ages 5 to 18 are encouraged to register for CTA’s classes and camps, where newbies can get their feet wet and veterans can hone their performance or technical theatre skills.
- Donating or Sponsoring. Contribute financially by making a donation or by sponsoring a season, show or event. You can also support CTA by advertising in a show or event program.
- Volunteering. Volunteer backstage during the productions in a variety of areas, from costumes to set-building to stage crew, or join the front-of-house crew by ushering or taking tickets before each show.
- Joining the Board of Directors. Show a deeper commitment to CTA by joining the Board of Directors and use your voice and skills to further CTA’s mission and grow the organization as a whole.
Contact April Forrer at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Pippi Longstocking (2014)
The Little Mermaid JR. (2013)
Be part of the magic of a mainstage CTA show! We hold auditions for its mainstage productions periodically throughout the year.
The theatre is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse creative environment and will consider all auditioners, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation or disability. We encourage anyone who is interested to audition. Every auditioner will be considered for any role unless the race, age or gender of a character is integral to the story or has been explicitly specified by the playwright and required by the production contract.
All auditioners are required to sign up for a specific time slot and arrive at the theatre at that particular time. Don’t worry, there are plenty of time slots for everyone who wants to audition! Additionally, all auditioners must fill out audition forms online prior to arriving.
- Saturday, January 20, 2024 … 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Sunday, January 21, 2024 … 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Monday, January 22, 2024 … 6:00-9:00 p.m.
- Callbacks Wednesday, January 24, 2024 … 6:00-10:00 p.m.
New to auditioning at CTA? This video will walk you through the whole process to ensure that you feeling comfortable and ready to showcase your talents.
Interested in volunteering for Children’s Theatre of Annapolis? We are looking for all types of volunteers to help with many aspects of production, including set-building, costumes, makeup, box office, and more, as well as fundraising, facility maintenance and upkeep, gardening and grounds, photography & videography and many more opportunities.
Volunteering at CTA is a great way for teens to earn their service learning hours and to give back to the Community! Please complete the application below and Code of Conduct and Liability form and return to Children’s Theatre of Annapolis. Volunteers must be age 12 and older to volunteer without a supervising parent
Please note: All volunteers age 18 and older must have a background check through the Anne Arundel County Department of Recreation and Parks.
CTA is funded through the generosity of individuals, corporations and foundations, both regionally and nationally. The organization actively engages in fund raising to meet the financial needs of the many programs offered annually. CTA is a registered 501(c)3 organization (tax ID: 23-7003491), and contributions are tax-deductible.
There are many ways you can support CTA—no matter the size of the gift it all goes to support the many programs. Options include:
- Donate. No matter the size of the gift it all goes to support the many programs.
- Become a CTA STAR (see below). Allows you to control your giving over several years and also provides a stable income source for CTA.
- Corporate sponsorship. Corporations can sponsor all or part of a program or productions and be involved in the greater community.
- Production underwriting. Provides a way for companies and individuals to play a more prominent role in the organization
- Employer matching contributions. Many employers provide matching funds through their employee giving program.
- Gifts of stocks, bonds and tradeable commodities.
- Inclusion in your estate.
If you need support in making a donation of any type, contact CTA’s Executive Director April Forrer at email@example.com. CTA will assist in processing any type of gift, including working with your employer or estate manager to file appropriate paperwork and provide documentation of gifts.
Thank you for supporting CTA!
Once Upon A Mattress (2023)
Support Children’s Theatre of Annapolis — and get rewarded while doing so! Become a monthly sustainer by setting up an automatic monthly donation to CTA, and you can pick out a special swag item that lets the world know you are a CTA STAR. If you donate:
- $10 a month, select up to $5 in CTA Swag.
- $20 a month, pick out up to $15 in CTA Swag.
- $50 a month, get up to $45 in CTA Swag.
- $100 a month, and get $95 back in CTA Swag.
Additionally, CTA STARS will receive 10% off all show and event tickets throughout the year! Use the link below to become a CTA STAR today!
Buy a piece of CTA and Have a Seat!
Our Have a Seat! Campaign provides the chance to honor a loved one by placing their name on one of our new seats in the Children’s Theatre of Annapolis. A plaque will be placed prominently on the seat commemorating yourself or a loved one. It is also an excellent way to promote your business and makes the perfect gift for someone who has a passion for the arts and our community. All seats are $200 and with a purchase of an entire row you get one seat for free! Purchasing an entire shorter side row, get 50% off one seat in the row! Become an integral part of CTA! Any questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
So far we have raised $16,400 towards our $55,000 target! That‘s 30% of the total!
Every time the curtain opens, the audience hushes, and the first words are spoken, you know that your support made it happen—not just the production, but the transformation of stories come to life and the journey every young person at CTA makes toward learning who they are and how to express their individuality, making life-long friends along the way and discovering the magic of the performing arts.
By sponsoring Children’s Theatre of Annapolis with a donation, you enable us to continue to provide quality entertainment and community programs that support our mission. In return, you will be prominently promoted as an official sponsor. Participants support CTA and want to spend their money with businesses that do, too.
Competitively priced sponsorships are available at multiple levels:
- Season Sponsorships
- Show Sponsorships
- Event Sponsorships
- Program Ad Placement
Learn more about CTA sponsorships by downloading the sponsorship brochure or reach out to Executive Director April Forrer at email@example.com.
Madagascar, a Musical Adventure JR. (2018)
Join the Board
CTA’s Board of Directors is the highest leadership body of the organization and is legally and ethically responsible for all activities of the organization.
The board follows a hybrid working/governance structure, meaning the volunteers both work on productions and other aspects of the organization, as well as focus on big-picture strategy and policies. All board members are expected to contribute to each production and event, as well as conscientiously participate in governance and strategic planning decisions.
Board members also act as the voice of the organization in the community. They’re expected to understand and actively promote CTA’s mission, as well as the shows, education programs and events.
The board meets every other month on Wednesday evenings, and terms last for two years.
CTA is currently accepting applications to join the Board of Directors. We welcome and encourage applicants of all races, ethnicities, religions, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation or disability.