The Grunch—Production Summer Camp
July 10 @ 9:00 am - July 28 @ 4:00 pm
Inspired by “The Grinch Who Stole Christmas,” The Grunch tells the story of Rudy Grunch, a grumpy 6th grader who always feels like an outsider. When the entire school gets excited about the annual school musical, he comes up with a perfect plan to ruin it for everyone—he’ll steal the sets, costumes and lights the night before it opens. But will the spirit of theatre prevail?
Time & Date: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. July 10-28, 2023, plus two performances: 6:30 p.m. July 28 and 10 a.m. July 29.
Tuition: $800 (with current annual registration)
- Director: Atticus Boidy
- Music Director: Marie Harrison
- Choreographer: Heather Harris
CTA’s three-week production summer camps focus on the main elements of putting a production quickly. During our time together, students will be put through placement auditions, casting, rehearsing, character development, working on sets and more. In between rehearsals, campers will participate in theater games and exercises that will help fine-tune their skills including improvisation, music and dance. This all leads up to two public performances on our main stage.
Placement Auditions: Everyone who registers in this camp is guaranteed a role in the show. A placement audition will be held to figure out the best fit for everyone in the show based upon the Artistic Team’s decisions. Placement decisions will be based upon vocal, acting, and dance skills displayed during the process.
Lunch & Snacks: Students must bring a healthy lunch + two snacks each day. Bring a water bottle with your child’s name on it. NO glass bottles.
Appearance: Students are required to wear black pants or shorts, a black top (T-shirt, leotard, or tank top) and black dance shoes or sneakers secured with laces or velcro. No open-toe shoes, flip-flops, sandals or Crocs. Clothing must be appropriate for dancing/movement. Hair must be pulled back and away from the face.
Your tuition includes:
- One complimentary CTA production summer camp T-shirt*
- Direction / instruction from a highly qualified artistic team
- Production elements (script, access to digital recording or rehearsal tracks, props, specialty costumes…some basic costume pieces may be requested from home, if necessary)
- Pre-Show Pizza Dinner Party on the last Friday. We’ll provide pizza & bottled water for a team building dinner between the end of camp and the performance that evening.
- Two complimentary performance tickets. Additional tickets available to purchase at $5.00/person.
**Students must be registered before June 1, 2023, to receive a complimentary T-shirt. All others may be purchased for an additional fee of $10.